[rabbitmq-discuss] [announcement] New amqp gem releases: 0.9.5 and 1.0.0.pre1

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 03:30:54 BST 2012

amqp gem 0.9.5 is released to rubygems.org [1]. This is a bug fix release:

 * Channel prefetch (basic.qos) setting is no longer ignored by the automatic recovery mode
 * Fixes an off-by-one issue with framing that current RabbitMQ releases are forgiving about  but future versions will no longer be.

I highly encourage all users to upgrade and be well prepared for upcoming RabbitMQ releases.

In addition, there are some changes in master that did not make it to 0.9.5. I released them off master as 1.0.0.pre1 [2] and they will be backported and released in 0.9.6 in a few days:

  * Support for the consumer cancellation notification extension
  * More correct reporting of client capabilities
  * Only check :type, :durable, :arguments parameters if an exchange is redeclared (per 0.9.1 spec)
  * Only check :exclusive, :durable, :auto_delete, :arguments parameters if a queue is redeclared (per 0.9.1 spec)

If you need any of those as a gem, use 1.0.0.pre1.

Big props to contributors and people who keep discovering issues and improving documentation at rubyamqp.info:

* Richard Heycock
* Matt Weyant
* Katrina Owen