[rabbitmq-discuss] Beginner Issue with Rabbit MQ

Philipp Wollermann wollermann_philipp at cyberagent.co.jp
Tue Jun 19 02:55:15 BST 2012

Hi,

On Jun 19, 2012, at 1:45, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> On 14/06/12 10:32, Philipp Wollermann wrote:
>> I installed RabbitMQ using the official RPM package from rabbitmq.com
>> on CentOS 6.2. Connecting to the broker works fine, sending messages
>> gives no error, but it just never arrives at the receiver. [...] The
>> log just shows "accepting AMQP connection<0.450.0> (127.0.0.1:39162
>> -> 127.0.0.1:5672)" messages).
>
> Are there any other log entries of interest? In particular any do you see any entries pertaining to "alarm_handler"?
>
> What is the output of 'rabbitmqctl status'?

I'm very sorry - I already had to reinstall the servers with Debian to get on…
I tried to reproduce the issue with Scientific Linux 6.2 in VMware, but it just worked out of the box, as expected.

There were absolutely no suspicious log entries and nothing referring to "alarm_handler" - just connections getting accepted and that's it.
I don't have the output of rabbitmqctl anymore, but I remember one thing that seemed strange to me: "Channels" were piling up, one got added for each invocation of "./send.py" (from the Hello World example).

If I can reproduce the bug, I'll get back to this thread for sure.

Thanks,
Philipp