[rabbitmq-discuss] Newbie Q: Bugs in 2.8.2-1?

Keller, Steve SKeller at ea.com
Mon Jun 18 19:51:03 BST 2012

I have seen a couple of other threads about this, most notably "Beginner Issue with RabbitMQ".  I am running Python 2.7.3 on RHEL 5.8, 64 bit, and followed the instructions on the website to install RabbitMQ 2.8.2-1.  I then did the first Python tutorial.  It didn't work - the code ran, rabbitmqctl status reported OK, but no messages came through.

I also picked up a copy of the book, RabbitMQ in Action, and tried the first code in that book (Chapter 2) with the same results.