[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 18 15:24:47 BST 2012

Hi,

On 15/06/12 14:22, me_sip_dev wrote:
> I am trying to create a topic using RabbitMQ. I want to have the client
> on android application and the server on eclipse (java application) .
> need help. I did download rabbitmq jar files. I want to create a chat
> between two or more persons on android . How to do that?

It is possible to design and create such a system using RabbitMQ and
there are a few examples, but none that use Android. You might find the
presence exchange developed by Tony Garnock-Jones useful for modelling a
chat room - see https://github.com/tonyg/presence-exchange

You should also take a look at an Erlang implementation by Alvaro
Videla: https://github.com/videlalvaro/rabbitmq-chat

I can't tell you how to design and develop your application, but if you
have specific questions about trade-offs and choices relating to
messaging then please ask.

-Emile