[rabbitmq-discuss] Suddenly dropping all conns?

Jeff jeff at jefftrout.com
Thu Jun 14 21:00:58 BST 2012

we're on 2.7.2 and things are (normally) great.

However once in a while (every week or two) it seems we lose all connections to rabbit and I'm trying to trace it down.

Now, it is certainly possible it is NOT rabbit's fault as we run our connections through haproxy (connecting to one of two rabbit instances that are clustered).  However it has turned out tracing what haproxy is doing isn't going well, and our rabbit logs are too noisy to be of use.

that being said - is there any situation where rabbit would drop all connections at once? (thinking further on it, since I'm running connections to 2 rabbit instances through haproxy it would likely have to be haproxy barfing not rabbit.. unless there's something in rabbit that causes it to drop all connections across the cluster).

--
Jeff Trout <jeff at jefftrout.com>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/