[rabbitmq-discuss] Query

Satyarth Negi snegi at buffalo-studios.com
Wed Jun 13 19:42:45 BST 2012

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for reply. My use case falls on category 2 ( two consumers
processing each messages ). However i think i did not communicate my
question about balanced queue size well. What i meant is : If message are
received at the rate of 450 msgs/sec ( 25 messages per second from 20
servers, each message of around 200 bytes ) by the broker/exchange , am i
touching the performance limits of the system ? My actual consumer
processing will be light weight ( parse message and store values in
in-memory key-value store ).

What will be approximate latency introduced by RabbitMQ ( Broker/Queuing )
in this case ? I did check the performance benchmarks they are very helpful
and did get some idea on what latency to expect. But if someone can think
of to add on to that, i will appreciate very much.

Thanks