[rabbitmq-discuss] Using RabbitMQ with Qt

Tim Watson watson.timothy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:28:53 BST 2012

On 10 Jun 2012, at 20:46, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

> The question is how to embed AMQP events into QT event-network-subsystem. :)

What, so that they look like a QIODevice and produce QNetworkReply or some such? I don't think that's likely to prove particularly productive. In fact, I'd suggest using the threading support (QRunnable and a thread pool if you need many producers or consumers perhaps) and interacting with the rabbitmq-c client (or C++ wrapper) from here. Trying to make AMQP look like the QT network subsystem API (or vice versa) sounds like a route to loosing hair, or sleep, or both.