[rabbitmq-discuss] Fw: Posting messages from Cloud to Local

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 6 09:43:03 BST 2012

Hi,

On 04/06/12 14:15, Joan Cloud wrote:
> Would it be possible to create a Queue on a Local n/w and let the cloud
> application to post the message on to the local Queue, we are using Rabbit.

Yes, it is possible to declare a queue on a local broker and publish
messages to an exchange that routes to that queue. The first tutorial
explains how to do that:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-one-python.html

> Just thinking about, moving the content from Cloud to Local printer thru
> Rabbit, would it be possible ?

I don't see why not. What you will need is an AMQP client that consumes
print job messages from the broker and submits them to the printer in
whatever format your printer supports.

-Emile