[rabbitmq-discuss] basicPublish() Hangs on the Upstream Node in a Federation

Chris Judkins-Fisher squall1386 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:49:56 BST 2012

Hi Emile,

I can see the appropriate exchange and queue when list_exchanges or list_queues. Also, this exact code works on rabbit1, and also on my own computer.

The only line logged in rabbit at rabbit2.log when I run that code is "accepting AMQP connection". Is there a way to configure the broker to log any more information?

I should also say that, since sending this message, I've recreated the VM and reinstalled everything without activating the federation plugin or anything, and I'm still getting the same problem. I'm installing rabbitmq on CentOS 5.7, and I have to compile Erlang source because of the problem explained at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5463503/rabbitmq-install-issue-on-centos-5-5. Everything appears to work with the manual compile, but I'm wondering if this bug has something to do with the Erlang version I'm using. It doesn't seem likely, since I did basically the same setup on rabbit1 and it worked, but it's the only thing I can think of at this point.

Thanks,
Chris