[rabbitmq-discuss] something about message priority

Ernest Staszuk ernest.staszuk at comarch.pl
Fri Jul 27 09:30:04 BST 2012

According to the compatibility and conformance with amqp specification
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html) rabbitmq
does NOT support messages priority. It is planned to support in future.
Also you should be aware that amqp specifies at least 2
priorities, so it is possible that it will not work as you would wish in
the one of future releases. I implemented message priorities using
many queues and consume messages on them always in the same order (1st
queue (is message) -> 1st queue (is message) -> 1st queue (empty)
-> 2nd queue (is message) -> 1st queue (empty) -> 2nd queue (empty) ->
3rd queue (is message) -> 1st queue ...)

Best regards,
Ernest Staszuk