[rabbitmq-discuss] one or many exchanges

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 26 17:14:59 BST 2012

Hi Aaron,

On 26/07/12 15:41, Aaron Westendorf wrote:
> Is this the best approach, or should we consolidate to a single

Your choice does not matter much to the broker and I would expect
similar performance. Use the approach that is most convenient for you
and select a naming convention that clearly communicates its purpose and
makes it simple to assign permissions.

> the bad one. I'm refactoring and implementing publisher confirms, and
> don't know what to expect in that same scenario. If I can limit to a

Attempting to publish to a non-existent exchange is a channel-level
error regardless of whether you use publisher confirms or not.

-Emile