[rabbitmq-discuss] Publisher and Consumer design doubts

APA aperez at alea-soluciones.com
Thu Jul 26 10:34:02 BST 2012

High, I wonder if someone can help me

I'm using python and librabbitmq

I've a publisher and consumer (files are attached)

First Test
The consumer declares and binds a queue to the exchange with AutoDelete=True
Start the consumer then the publisher.
Everything works great until I kill the publisher. Then wait five minutes
and run the publisher again.
When it starts, RabbitMQ deletes the queue. The consumer does not get
notice that he "loss connection"

Second Test
Change the consumer queue to be AutoDelete=False.
Everything works great until I kill the publisher. Then wait five minutes
and run the publisher again.
The queue is not deleted but the consumer does not get notice that he "loss
connection" and no message are received.

This behavior is normal or I'm making a great mistake, because I'm
supposing the consumer should be listening to incoming messages from
publisher.

Thanks in advanced

Best regards