[rabbitmq-discuss] Decoding header fields

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 26 12:31:10 BST 2012

Hi,

On 26/07/12 10:12, Bernhard Mogens Ege wrote:
> The keys I can iterate through and make direct lookups against, but the
> values are returned as objects but are in reality Byte[].

I would expect a byte array if the producer populated the field with a
byte array (prefixed by 'x'), but it could be any of AMQP table field
type. Consumers and producers may agree on types for certain keys
beforehand, or the consumer can determine the type at runtime using
GetType().

See RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.WireFormatting.ReadFieldValue() for the
relevant implementation and mapping between AMQP types and .NET types.

-Emile