[rabbitmq-discuss] help - design pattern for an our use case

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 25 17:05:36 BST 2012

Hi,

On 25/07/12 16:14, stone wrote:
> Is there a specific reason behind this naming convention?
> like in routing performance perspective? is it better than the other way
> around?
> If for example, we have big medium and small, and there is a binding for
> "big every thing" is "big.#" better than "#.big" ?

You are free to use any convention you like, within the constraints
imposed by the rules. The example was crafted to match the question, so
don't read too much into it.

I don't think there is a performance difference between leading or
trailing wildcards. If you are concerned about routing performance then
avoid topic exchanges. The additional work makes them slower than other
exchanges. For small numbers of topics you may be able to use bindings
to achieve the same effect.

-Emile