[rabbitmq-discuss] fine_grained_statistics

Francesco at rabbitmq.com Francesco at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 24 10:10:09 BST 2012

At Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:04:23 -0700 (PDT),
justin.adam.miller at gmail.com wrote:
> Is there ever a time when fine_grained_statistics are dynamically turned off
> by the management plugin? By dynamic, I mean they're enabled by default, but
> then at some point during operation, they're shut off due to CPU load or
> throughput or some other trigger?

No.  By the way, the management plugins does not collect statistics itself, the
broker does.  So what `force_fine_statistics' does is simply to instruct the
broker to collect the fine statistics, via the `collect_statistics'
environmental variable - see http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html .

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt