[rabbitmq-discuss] Simple Sender and Receiver in java

Praveena Kumara praveena at cumulations.com
Mon Jul 23 09:09:08 BST 2012

The issue was solved for me when i modified the Receiver with no_Ack =
false and a call to BasicAck. Thanks to @robthewolf and @Card(by twitter)
for helping .

PFB the modified receiver now.

        ConnectionFactory factory = new ConnectionFactory();
    factory.setHost("localhost");
    Connection connection = factory.newConnection();
    Channel channel = connection.createChannel();

    channel.queueDeclare(QUEUE_NAME, true, false, false, null);

    QueueingConsumer consumer = new QueueingConsumer(channel);
    channel.basicConsume(QUEUE_NAME, false, consumer);
    QueueingConsumer.Delivery delivery = consumer.nextDelivery(10);
    /*channel.basicCancel(consumer.getConsumerTag());   */

    String message = null;

     if (delivery != null) {
        message = new String(delivery.getBody());
        System.out.println("Reciever .."+message);
        channel.basicAck(delivery.getEnvelope().getDeliveryTag(), false);
    }

    channel.close();
    connection.close();
    return message;