[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation: Superfluous bindings in Exchanges

Laing, Michael P. Michael.Laing at nytimes.com
Thu Jul 19 19:21:08 BST 2012

I see that federation creates many bindings to facilitate sending only relevant messages.

However, I note that at least some bindings do not get removed when no longer applicable.

In my current environment, described previously, participating apps create exclusive queues on the global exchange in their vhost; they typically bind with a uuid in addition to other bindings.

This works fine, except I notice that, although some bindings go away when the exclusive queue is deleted, lots more remain with that uuid.

This cruft is building up.

Hopefully this will be addressed in an upcoming release – it's not critical, at least for me, at the moment.

Michael