[rabbitmq-discuss] Build deb package including plugins

Clemens Kolbitsch clemens.kol at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:22:19 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to build the latest mecurial version into a deb package and
include specific plugins in the deb. I've followed the build
instructions, and although the build works, no plugins are included in
the deb (and I have to copy them manually into the plugins directory).
I guess I have to add the plugins in some build config or link them
somewhere else, but I don't know where.

Here is what I do:

hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-public-umbrella
cd rabbitmq-public-umbrella
make co

export VERSION=2.8.4

cd rabbitmq-management
make
cd ..

cd rabbitmq-shovel
make
cd ..

cd rabbitmq-shovel-management
make
cd ..

cd rabbitmq-server

mkdir plugins
cd plugins
ln -s ../../rabbitmq-shovel
ln -s ../../rabbitmq-shovel-management/
ln -s ../../rabbitmq-management/
cd ..

make
make srcdist

cd packaging/debs/Debian/
dch -i
make package

Any hint is greatly appreciated!
thanks,
Clemens

BTW: sorry for double-posting, I was not on the mailing list initially