[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster Setup

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 18 15:23:25 BST 2012

On 18 Jul 2012, at 15:14, mrajkovic wrote:

> And yes I can communicate between machines… I don’t think its iptables I did a iptables list and there are no rules set…

Ok thanks for checking. When you say you can communicate between machines, can you explicitly telnet onto the port on which epmd is running? I'm assuming not (as it isn't listening). Is it very silly of me not to have asked this, but are the $HOME/.erlang.cookie files on all machines identical? Running rabbitmqctl status should show exactly the same cookie hash on each machine.