[rabbitmq-discuss] regards channel in rabbitmq

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 18 11:04:59 BST 2012

Hi,

On 18/07/12 09:27, vadiraj hebbar wrote:
> I knew that i am asking simple question, why channel is required? is it
> possible to set channel explicitly for like that  channel=10? if yes how
> can we set it in java ?

Channels are the scope for errors, transactions, ordering guarantee and
acks. There are libraries such as Puka that eschew the concept of
channels. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2011/07/08/puka-rethinking-amqp-clients/

The RabbitMQ Java client allocates channel numbers internally, so you
can't choose your own channel number - but why would you want to?

-Emile