[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Aliveness Test vs Monitoring RabbitMQ Process

Saravana.Prabhu at emc.com Saravana.Prabhu at emc.com
Tue Jul 17 08:21:45 BST 2012

Hi,

We are planning to use Aliveness Test to verify the status of the RabbitMQ Message Broker and initiate corrective action if the aliveness test has not succeeded.

The other thought is to develop a Process Monitor that monitors RabbitMQ process and initiate Broker Restart when necessary.

I would like to know if we can have scenarios where Broker Process will be up and running, but it could not be able to publish and receive messages due to unknown reasons.

Please clarify what value-add the Aliveness Test provides to system than monitoring the RabbitMQ process and restarting it when necessary.

Thanks,
Prabhu