[rabbitmq-discuss] ConnectionFactory Class not found in Java

George gray at mix.wvu.edu
Sun Jul 15 04:03:46 BST 2012

I am attempting to run a Java class I developed called Send to publish
messages. It breaks on creating a connection. This is on a Windows server
with the RabbitMQ service running successfully - I can use it fine with
Node.

Here is my Java compile statement:
C:\java>javac -classpath
commons-io-1.2.jar;commons-cli-1.1.jar;junit.jar;rabbitmq-client.jar;rabbitmq-client-tests.jar
Send.java

Here is the code
import com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory;
import com.rabbitmq.client.Connection;
import com.rabbitmq.client.Channel;
import com.rabbitmq.client.*;

public class Send {

  public static void main(String[] argv) throws Exception {

      ConnectionFactory factory = new ConnectionFactory();

  }
}

Here are the results
C:\java>java Send
com/rabbitmq/client/ConnectionFactory
        at Send.main(Send.java:10)
com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory

Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue? Two thoughts I have are
ConnectionFactory is dependent on classes not in my compile command and
that ConnectionFactory has no parameter-less definitions.

Thanks for any help,

George