[rabbitmq-discuss] Shovel can't establish connection

Francesco Mazzoli francesco at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 12 13:29:26 BST 2012

Hi Parker,
At Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:42:27 -0700,
Parker Conrad wrote:
> Here's the error I get when I check on Shovel's status:
>
> sudo rabbitmqctl eval 'rabbit_shovel_status:status().'
> [{scrape_request_shovel,
>      {terminated,
>          {{badmatch,{error,access_refused}},
>           [{rabbit_shovel_worker,make_conn_and_chan,1},
>            {rabbit_shovel_worker,handle_cast,2},
>            {gen_server2,handle_msg,2},
>            {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}},
>      {{2012,7,12},{2,7,30}}}]
> ...done.

It looks like the authentication is failing. Could you double check that the
credentials you configured shovel with are correct? The logs on the broker will
help understanding what's going on. Also, don't forget to tell us what version
of rabbit you are using when posting to the mailing list.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt