[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq server slows down for cluster set up - (multiple stop_app scenario)

sanjiv.kumar.jha at accenture.com sanjiv.kumar.jha at accenture.com
Mon Jul 9 11:38:07 BST 2012

Hi,

We have a RabbitMQ cluster of 2 nodes (say NODE-A and NODE-B) having mirrored queues running on 2 separate Linux servers.
We've multiple clients connecting to RabbitMQ cluster.
If NODE-A is brought down, the clients are able to connect to NODE-B successfully; no issues observed till this point.
Now if NODE-A is brought up and NODE-B is brought down, the rabbitmq server tends to slow down and does not even respond to simple command like rabbitmqctl list_queues - keeps waiting endlessly.

Please let us know, if there any clues or ideas to rectify this issue.

Thanks
Sanjiv.

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.