[rabbitmq-discuss] time to arrive in queue

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Mon Jul 9 04:55:24 BST 2012

While it's not when the message arrived in the queue, I find it helpful to populate the message properties timestamp value with the timestamp of when the message is published. As a generalization, the difference in time between publishing a message and it arriving in the queue, at least in a non-federated system, should be fairly insignificant.

Alternatively, I could see writing a custom exchange that overwrites this value in the properties when the message is routed, similar to how the Shovel plugin has the ability to override properties when publishing: http://www.rabbitmq.com/shovel.html -- See publish_properties.

Regards,

Gavin