[rabbitmq-discuss] Logging, searching, graphing and alerting on millions of log messages with RabbitMQ

Russell Allen russell.homeserver at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 11:09:04 BST 2012

Hi all,

Thought some of you might be interested in a project I'm working on that's
using RabbitMQ, a custom AMQP Log4Net appender (Gelf4Net) and a couple of
subscribers to handle logs from a distributed IT infrastructure. I work in
a .Net team, so the plan is to use Log4Net with Gelf4Net to log to a
RabbitMQ queue. I'll then have two consumers, GrayLog2 and NEsper, giving
me the ability to dig into historic log data and alert on certain critical
messages respectively.

At the moment I've got two blog posts up:

Enterprise Logging and Alerting with Graylog2, RabbitMq and NEsper<http://russellallen.info/post/2012/06/24/Enterprise-Logging-and-Alerting-with-Graylog2-RabbitMq-and-NEsper.aspx>
Enterprise Logging Part 2 - Logging From .Net to RabbitMq via Log4Net<http://russellallen.info/post/2012/07/06/Enterprise-Logging-Part-2-Logging-From-Net-to-RabbitMq-via-Log4Net.aspx>

If anyone's interested, I'll be tweeting about things (over at @RussPAll),
if people want me to keep this discussion list up to date as well let me
know.

Thanks,

Russ