[rabbitmq-discuss] How do i stop the erlang node but keep the rabbitmq server running.

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 6 18:16:25 BST 2012

Hi Prashanth,

On 06/07/2012 18:07, Prashanth M wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to stop the erlang node but keep the rabbitmq server running.

That doesn't make any sense - rabbit is written in Erlang, so stopping
the Erlang node implies stopping rabbit.

> or
>
> I am trying to use rabbitmq with stomp. I want to test the clustering,
> is there a good way / test case to test it.
> I am using two nodes, one disc and other ram. In the server code of ram
> node, i am addressing the disc node to create a new queue( is this correct)
> I want to stop a node and check see how clustering works.

Stopping a node requires stopping the rabbit application. We do some
clustering tests ourselves, so perhaps we can assist you with this. What
exactly does your test scenario look like? What do you need to prove to
yourself?

Tim