[rabbitmq-discuss] lost messages (.NET)

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 3 12:48:10 BST 2012

On 02/07/12 23:24, ivan.lysov wrote:
> I have couple of questions on ConnectionFactory.RequestedHeartbeat property.
>
> - Should i set it in the case of unstable connections (GPRS)?

Possibly. The heartbeat does a couple of things: makes sure the network
infrastructure sees some traffic to prevent it closing "idle"
connections if it is minded to do so, and lets the server detect
unresponsive clients so it can disconnect them.

> - Is it possible to set the value lower than 1 second and does it make
> sense?

No, and probably not. The lower you make it, the more eager the server
will be to disconnect you if the network is slow - which with GPRS is
likely to be the last thing you need.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen