[rabbitmq-discuss] How to specify user/pass

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jul 3 09:17:45 BST 2012

Thanks for clearing that up Matthias. The documentation for the plugin should probably change, as the line "set the value of the auth_backends configuration item for the rabbit application" makes it sound like this is an item that be passed to the rabbit application in the ordinary OTP sense. Perhaps "set the value of the auth_backends configuration item for the rabbit application as per the instructions in in http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html#configuration-file" would be a good general pattern for plugin documentation to follow, just for those cases where users have jumped straight to trying to configure the plugin without reading all of the rabbit documentation?