[rabbitmq-discuss] Consumer

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 2 16:30:34 BST 2012

Hi,

On 02/07/12 16:14, Yurisleidy Hernández Moya wrote:
> The client behave like consumers when they consume message with
> basicGet? I tried with two clients. A Client consumes messages from
> the queue and another Client account the number of consumers. The
> number of consumers was always zero. This case is that you tell me?

Clients can obtain messages using basic.get or basic.consume. Only in
the case of basic.consume will they be registered as consumers. If
clients use basic.get then they will typically poll the broker periodically.

> Using the immediate flag, How I can do to receive in the Client the
> undeliverable message?

Register a return handler. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-quickref.html#basic.return
The exact details of how to do this will depend on your AMQP client.

-Emile