[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ subscriber loses connection across firewalls after long idle

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 2 12:07:00 BST 2012

Hi,

On 02/07/12 11:47, Deelo55 wrote:
> The heartbeats are processing...I can see the connection timeout on the
> subscriber connections have been set to 10 seconds and the connections do

Checking the "timeout" property is actually a better way of confirming
the heartbeat interval:

rabbitmqctl list_connections name timeout

You should get output that looks similar to this (except for port numbers):

Listing connections ...
127.0.0.1:49323 -> 127.0.0.1:5672	10
...done.

Can you confirm what output you are seeing from this command?

> not get dropped after 5 minutes. So it looks like the TCP connection
> according to the server is running but for some reason its not sending any
> data to the subscriber.

So you are saying the connection is *not* dropping? What evidence are
you basing this on?

-Emile