[rabbitmq-discuss] Securing RabbitMQ

Rosa, Andrea andrea.rosa at hp.com
Mon Jan 30 09:43:40 GMT 2012

Hi

>You could just not use passwords.  If you use SSL connections, RabbitMQ
>can authenticate users by the certificate they provide.
>
>See the auth-mechanism-ssl plugin for details:
>  http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-auth-mechanism-ssl/file/default/README

I tested this plugin some months ago and I found it very useful, my only concern is that it didn't support the CRL feature. The problem was due to the OpensSSL library used by erlang which didn't implement the CRL check, but AFAIK there was a plan to release a new version of that module from erlang team.
Is there some news about that?

Cheers
--
Andrea Rosa