[rabbitmq-discuss] Will AMQP 1.0 break current RabbitMQ api

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 25 11:50:53 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:29:23AM +0000, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 24/01/12 21:34, Simone Busoli wrote:
> >That's a bit worrying to think that development on 0-9-1 might be halted
> >in case of take off of 1.0, considering the effort you might have put on
> >developing something to target the current version.
>
> Obviously I can't predict the future, but you *really* should not
> worry that we're going to leave all our 0-9-1 users high and dry.

It's also worth pointing out that we have made a substantial number of
extensions and improvements to 0-9-1 - publisher confirms,
exchange-to-exchange bindings, nacks etc - thus it should be fairly
clear that we're more than happy to extend and improve the existing spec
to meet the needs of our users. This makes it even less likely that
0-9-1 will get abandoned in any way by Rabbit.

Matthew