[rabbitmq-discuss] WCF bindings connection drop outs

Daniel Lucas lucooo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:48:51 GMT 2012

The heartbeat does solve the connection drop outs thanks. I added this
to the RabbitMQTransportBindingElement as you suggested.

Related, but not causing a noticeable issue is a message in a RabbitMQ
trace that I was using to investigate drop outs that is:

"Due to a user abort the reliable session cannot continue" (wrapped in
a message on the client queue)

This message is sent to the client queue after periods of inactivity. I
understand what this message means and have played around with the
timeout settings (receive,inactivity) on the RabbitMQ WCF binding to no
avail. This message is always raised even though keep alive messages
(ack requests/acknowledgements) are exchanged between client and server
queues at a frequency that matches timeout settings (or half of in the
case of the inactivity timeout) as seen in the trace.

As I said, there is no noticeable affect on sending/receiving messages
but am curious why the message appears in the trace at all?

Daniel