[rabbitmq-discuss] Database lag and delayed processing of messages

Mark static.void.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:25:19 GMT 2012

Is there anyway I could configure an exchange/queue/consumer to
route/deliver/consume a message in the future?

For example we have run into a situation whereas we produce a message
for a record that was just inserted into our master database. When our
consumer tries to act upon this message the record has not be replicated
to the slaves yet so the message consumption fails. Is there any way we
can queue up this message in say 5 seconds? Of course we could always
requeue a failed consumed message but that would lead us to a situation
where the we could be consume/producing in an infinite loop. How do
people typically handle this situation?

Thanks