[rabbitmq-discuss] WCF bindings connection drop outs

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jan 13 12:11:47 GMT 2012

On 13/01/12 10:27, LuCo wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I am using the RabbitMQ.ServiceModel WCF bindings with a .Net client
> talking to a standard WCF service (two way) and am having a problem
> with a long running connection which seems to stop responding after a
> long period of time (vague, but it happens without fail if I leave the
> client open overnight) only when I next try to use the WCF client
> channel.

Thanks for your very detailed message. Could you try to enable
heartbeats for the RabbitMQ channels that are established for WCF? The
internal RabbitMQTransportBindingElement.ConnectionFactory() method
looks like the correct place to add this. AMQP heartbeats will probably
help if a network device is causing long-lived connections to drop
silently and peers are unaware of this.

The ghost queues are a consequence of declaring the internal WCF queues
as durable. It seldom makes sense to declare server-named queues as
durable, unless the name is recorded somewhere.

-Emile