[rabbitmq-discuss] Auth failure: Bad CONNECT

dnsplus developer at dnsplus.net
Thu Jan 12 15:46:40 GMT 2012

Lionel Cons wrote:

> dnsplus <developer at dnsplus.net> writes:
>> Sadly, no. I still get the Bad CONNECT response.
>
> Which version of RabbitMQ are you using?
>
> Here, with RabbitMQ 2.7.1 and Net-STOMP-Client 1.2, the following code
> does work:
>
>  use Net::STOMP::Client;
>  $stomp = Net::STOMP::Client->new(host=>'localhost', port=>61223);
>  $stomp->connect(login=>"guest", passcode=>"guest", host=>"rabbitmq");
>
> (note: our virtual host is called "rabbitmq" and not "default")
>
> As a side note, the RabbitMQ logs should contain more information
> so that broker admins can more quickly unedrstand what's wrong.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lionel

I revisited your suggestion, and tried this:

use Net::STOMP::Client;
my $stomp = Net::STOMP::Client->new(host=>'localhost', port=>61613);
$stomp->connect(login=>'guest', passcode=>'guest', host=>'/');
$stomp->send(destination => "/queue/test", body => "hello world!");
$stomp->disconnect;

I this resulted in the successful creation of the queue "test" which has 1
ready message (hello world!) sitting in the queue waiting to be consumed.

I had earlier misunderstood the syntax of the 'host=>' entry in the
connect() statement.

I find it curious that none of the examples / documentation i could find on
this provider included this.

Thanks for your help. It looks like I have two viable providers to research
and compare for my project (Net::Stomp and Net::STOMP)

- dnsplus