[rabbitmq-discuss] Considerations on client error semantics

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 04:40:15 GMT 2012

Simone Busoli:

> There are lots of other pernicious details, but these are the main things I beliveve.
> Sorry for the long mail, I'd appreciate some feedback.

I have largely the same experience (althrough with JVM-based and Ruby clients). I am slowly rolling in support for techniques you've described into RabbitMQ clients I maintain.

One more issue I can bring to the table is handling endless redelivery loops, for example:

 * A message is delivered by rabbitmq to a consumer
 * The consumer fails to process it (say there was some edge case in the payload that it could not handle)
 * The message is rejected with requeue = true.
 * A message is delivered by rabbitmq to a consumer…

and so on.

I believe all these topics are worth writing a small book about :)

MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin