[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ broker crashing under heavy load with mirrored queues

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 11 17:55:36 GMT 2012

Hi Venkat,

> This time there were no messages lost. All 20K messages were
> processed.
That's great.

I'm trying to figure out what might be wrong with
rabbitmqctl report; I'll get back to you.

Meanwhile, running
       rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at t-2 status
ON NODE t-4 might be interesting.

Also, can you tell us the output from
       rabbitmqctl cluster_status
on both nodes, please.

It is not clear if you have issued the stop_app and start_app and
reset/force_reset commands properly (you probably have), so could you follow
the steps as described in the clustering guide, and issue
rabbitmqctl cluster_status on both nodes after each cluster change?
We should be able to see where things went wrong, then.

(You did start_app after the cluster command, didn't you???  :-))

Cheers,

Steve Powell  (a hoppy bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
avoirdupois (phr.) 'Would you like peas with that?'
distribute (v.) To denigrate an award ceremony.
definite (phr.) 'It's hard of hearing, I think.'
modest (n.) The most mod.