[rabbitmq-discuss] pika + ssl disconnects with ssl_upgrade_error

Roy Hyunjin Han starsareblueandfaraway at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:59:17 GMT 2012

Hi Gavin,

Thanks to pika, I am able to connect to RabbitMQ over SSL.  However,
the code disconnects immediately.  Do you have suggestions on what
might be going wrong?

Thanks,
RHH

Here is the error I see in /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit at yyy.log.
::

    error on TCP connection <0.265.0>:{ssl_upgrade_error, {eoptions,
{certfile, '/xxx/server/cert.pem'}}}

Here are the contents of /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config, where I
created the certificates as specified on <http://www.rabbitmq.com/
ssl.html>.
::

    [
        {rabbit, [
            {ssl_listeners, [5671]},
            {ssl_options, [
                {cacertfile, '/xxx/testca/cacert.pem'},
                {certfile, '/xxx/server/cert.pem'},
                {keyfile, '/xxx/server/key.pem'},
                {verify, verify_peer},
                {fail_if_no_peer_cert, true}
            ]}
        ]}
    ].

Here is the Python code.
::

    parameters = ConnectionParameters(host, port,
credentials=credentials, ssl=True, ssl_options=dict(
        ca_certs='/xxx/testca/cacert.pem',
        certfile='/xxx/client/cert.pem',
        keyfile='/xxx/client/key.pem',
        cert_reqs=CERT_REQUIRED))

Here is the pika version that I am using.
::

    https://github.com/pika/pika/commit/5e3e91bcab50d492bb887f298fbf59ba345439a6