[rabbitmq-discuss] x509 Authentication

Warren Smith wsmith at tacc.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 5 14:44:22 GMT 2012

The reason that I ended up removing quotes from DNs is because (if I remember correctly) for the same certificate, a DN from Erlang would sometimes have quotes but the DN from openssl would not. I was using a script that invoked "openssl x509 -in <cert.pem> -subject" and then "rabbitmqctl add_user ...; rabbitmqctl set_permissions ..." to add users to rabbitmq. I couldn't quickly figure out a pattern when erlang added quotes (it wasn't as simple as the RDN having a space in it), so I just stripped them all out in the DN received by my modified rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl.

I agree that this type of DN cleanup isn't really required, but it made things easier for me and apparently for Lionel, also.

Warren