[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to build Debian package since 2.7.0

Jared Biel jared.biel at bolderthinking.com
Tue Jan 3 19:41:30 GMT 2012

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. It appears that the nmap/mercurial/git errors
don't stop the build process as they're not crucial to the build. I
believe the show stopping error is an erlang compile error:

erlc -Wall +debug_info -I eldap-wrapper/eldap-git/generated -o
eldap-wrapper/eldap-git/generated
eldap-wrapper/eldap-git/src/ELDAPv3.asn
Compiler function asn1ct:compile_asn/3 failed:
{undef,[{asn1ct,compile_asn,

["/tmp/buildd/rabbitmq-server-2.7.1/plugins-src/eldap-wrapper/eldap-git/src/ELDAPv3",

"/tmp/buildd/rabbitmq-server-2.7.1/plugins-src/eldap-wrapper/eldap-git/generated/ELDAPv3",

{options,["/tmp/buildd/rabbitmq-server-2.7.1/plugins-src/eldap-wrapper/eldap-git/generated"],

"/tmp/buildd/rabbitmq-server-2.7.1/plugins-src/eldap-wrapper/eldap-git/generated",
                          undefined,[],999,false,999,
                          [debug_info],
                          [],
                          "/tmp/buildd/rabbitmq-server-2.7.1/plugins-src"}]},
        {erl_compile,compile_file,4},
        {erl_compile,compile3,3},
        {erl_compile,compiler_runner,1}]}

However, we don't use eldap so I decided to rip it out of the plugins
folder and make sure nothing attempted to build it. I got a little
farther then got an error with while building erlang-rfc4627-wrapper
(full output http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=taEW7Xpr). At this point I
decided to go Kill Bill on the plugins directory and pared it down to
just the following: erlando, rabbitmq-auth-mechanism-ssl,
rabbitmq-erlang-client, rabbitmq-external-exchange,
rabbitmq-federation, rabbitmq-ha-test, rabbitmq-metronome,
rabbitmq-shovel, rabbitmq-stomp, rabbitmq-toke, toke. After this I was
able to successfully build using pbuilder.

It seems that some of the plugins have erlc issues while building. We
don't use many plugins (yet) so it isn't a problem for us. However I'm
curious as to the method/build environment used for the official
packages at rabbitmq.com/debian.

Thanks,
Jared