[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ - JSON RPC Https Support?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 21:50:40 GMT 2012

On 1 January 2012 11:47, preeti sp <preetisp_83 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am interested in knowing every little detail pertaining to JSON RPC
Http plugin.
> I am not finding enough documentation online for the same.

There isn't much documentation for the Rabbit JSON-RPC plugin itself.
However, there is quite a lot of documentation on both JSON-RPC in general
and on my Erlang/Javascript JSON-RPC implementation in particular:

   - The project's homepage is http://tonyg.github.com/erlang-rfc4627/.
   - The JSON-RPC 1.1 spec is
   http://tonyg.github.com/erlang-rfc4627/doc/JSON-RPC-1-1-WD-20060807.html.
   - The manual for erlang-rfc4627 is
   http://tonyg.github.com/erlang-rfc4627/doc/index.html. See in particular
   the section titled "Invoking JSON-RPC procedures from Javascript".

I'd also suggest getting the plugin and its examples up and running,
visiting the examples in your browser, and using Firebug or similar to
inspect the HTTP requests that are going across the wire. Looking at some
real network traffic will be enlightening.

Regards,
  Tony
--
Tony Garnock-Jones