[rabbitmq-discuss] How amqp-client modify & reject(requeue true) a message back to the original queue in rabbit broker?

javaLee wuaner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 02:02:46 GMT 2012

Thanks for reply, Emile.
I really need the requeue function, because on client side i want do some
retry operation with spring-retry. if max-retry-count is exhausted & the
message is still not be processing appropriately, i will not requeue it (to
the original queue) any more & put it to the dead-letter-exchange.
But before put it to the DLX, i really want add some error-description to
this message, So another consumer that listening to the DLX can retrieve &
analysis & process it according to the error-description, that's why i want
modify message before reject it.

*M**y understanding*: Queue in rabbitmq broker will never drop the
unacknowledged message before client ack-or-reject it,
ack-or-reject-operationing on the client side do not need resend the
message to rabbitmq broker, that's why client side cannot modify the
message, is that true?