[rabbitmq-discuss] Change default user and password

Scott White scotta1white at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:38:18 GMT 2012

Hi,  I'm trying to update the default_user and default_passwd by setting
these in the rabbitmq.config file before the initial startup, but have not
been successful in doing so.  My rabbitmq.config file is:

[ {rabbit,
  [
    {cluster_nodes, {['rabbit at host1', 'rabbit at host2'], disc}},
    {default_user,<<"rabbitmq">>},
    {default_pass,<<"my-pass1.">>}
  ]
  } ].

Despite the above, the guest/guest account is still created when the rabbit
server starts.  I believe its readig the config file because the cluster
nodes are set appropriately once started. Is the syntax wrong or is it
something else?

Regards,  Scott