[rabbitmq-discuss] Can NOT start 2.8.6 (using R15B03), Can start 3.0

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Wed Dec 19 04:44:36 GMT 2012

Although Rabbit will
upgrade its Mnesia schema to newer versions when an upgrade is first installed, that code doesn't IIRC do the reverse. Assuming there's nothing in your Mnesia that you want to keep you should try blowing them away and then starting 2.8.x.  If there is stuff there you want to keep, reinstall 3.0, export the stuff for safekeeping, then trash Mnesia and go back to 2.8.6.

Alternatively you could play with the environment settings to put Mnesia somewhere else for one of the versions...

Sent from my iPhone (Brevity and typos are hopefully the result of 1-fingered typing rather than rudeness or illiteracy).