[rabbitmq-discuss] Java queueDeclare statement

John Smith roanoketech at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 15:31:09 GMT 2012

Maybe its just that my Java is very rusty, but I see a difference bewtween the AQPI guide and the ...

I am using the following link to the API guide

http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html

The API Guide uses the following (and I can get this command to work)

channel.queueDeclare(queueName, true, false, false, null);
However, in the in the Java Interface I found in this page

http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.7.0/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-1.7.0/com/rabbitmq/client/Channel.html

I see the following:

 AMQP.Queue.DeclareOk  queueDeclare()
          Actively declare a server-named exclusive, autodelete, non-durable queue.
 AMQP.Queue.DeclareOk  queueDeclare(java.lang.String queue)
          Actively declare a non-exclusive, non-autodelete, non-durable queue
 AMQP.Queue.DeclareOk  queueDeclare(java.lang.String queue, boolean durable)
          Actively declare a non-exclusive, non-autodelete queue
 The name of the new queue is held in the "queue" field of the AMQP.Queue.DeclareOk result.
 AMQP.Queue.DeclareOk  queueDeclare(java.lang.String queue, boolean passive, boolean durable, boolean exclusive, boolean autoDelete, java.util.Map<java.lang.String,java.lang.Object> arguments)
          Declare a queue

None of these match the one I found in the API guide.  The closest is the last one in the table, but that includes  a reference to the 'passive' prameter that is aparently not included in the reference I found in the API guide

What am I missing, or is my Java simply weak ?

Thanks