[rabbitmq-discuss] Restrict resources to virtual hosts/exchanges

Prabodh Upreti prabodh.upreti at vce.com
Wed Dec 12 20:51:13 GMT 2012

Hello

I have some additional challenges now as I get more used to rabbit.  There
are other groups who want to use the system to publish/consume events.  I am
afraid that they could adversely affect the system.

I was thinking maybe they can have a different virtual host/exchange and
publish/consume in their own space. My problem is now what if they hog the
resources by consuming tons of messages and affect my application.  Is there
any way I can allow them to play in the same space but really control their
activities, i.e. memory/cpu usage etc.

I have my custom authentication handler so based which virtual host they are
connecting to I could put in additional restriction(i don't know what I
could do here).  Hope I am making myself clear and asking the right
questions. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

regards