[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ very slow (or never) shuts down

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Mon Dec 10 19:00:13 GMT 2012

Quick follow up on this - Was this bug fix implemented in 2.8.7 or
something later, i.e. 3.0?

I think I'm running into this again when shutting down a set of
bi-directionally federated brokers. It appears when a broker shuts down, it
wants to reach over to the other broker to clean up something (federation
queue?)

If the other broker has already shut down, the currently shutting-down
broker will stall for a very long time (e.g. 15 minutes or more.)

Thanks,

Matt