[rabbitmq-discuss] High availability questions

McIntosh Jason mcintoshj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 03:19:43 GMT 2012

Design we use:

Shovel to a virtual ip rabbit cluster.
Rabbit consumers on that cluster.
Start new cluster.
Can point consumers to hard coded cluster.
Shift shovel and/or change VIP to point to new cluster.
When all messages on old consumers cleaned, shut them down point em to new cluster.

Our consumers are java apps built into rpms we deploy, so updates are just a restart/new rpm deploy

This is pretty rough but hope it helps!
Jason

Sent from my iPhone